Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance Logo
Information Center (800) 917-0043 or

Regulatory Handbook -> Food Requirements -> Egg Handler/Dealer License

Egg Handler/Dealer License

What is the Purpose of this License?
To allow the operation of egg production, handling and sale to wholesalers, dealers and retailers.
Who Issues this License?
Department of Revenue
What Activities Require this License?
Producing, handling, contracting for, obtaining possession, controlling, or processing eggs for sale.
How Much Will this License Cost?
The license costs $30 for an initial location and $15 for each additional location. In addition, Business Licensing Services charges a $19 document handling fee.
Where Can I Get the Application for this License?
The application which is called 'Egg Handler/Dealer License' is online and can be accessed at
Do I Need to Include Anything with my Application?
  • Type of Ownership (Sole Proprietor, Corporation, etc.).
  • Business location and mailing address.
  • Owner names and addresses.
  • Social security number is required for all sole proprietors and spouse. It is also required for all partners, officers, and LLC members of businesses that will have employees.
  • Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN or FEIN) for legal entities (i.e., corporations, limited liability companies, etc.)
  • E-Check payment information (bank name, routing number, bank account type, type of account, etc.).
Is the Decision on my License Dependent on Anything Besides the Information in my Application?
Local health districts have jurisdiction over farmers markets in their areas and may conduct market inspections to assure vendor compliance with local rules and regulations.
How Long Will it Take to Review my Application?
Applications submitted online take an average of 3 to 5 business days. Applications submitted by mail take an average of 7 to 10 business days.
Where do I Submit my Application?
Submit an application online at:

Submit an application by mail to:
    State of Washington
    Business Licensing Service
    PO Box 9034
    Olympia, WA 98507-9034
How Long is my License Valid?
The license is valid for one year - from January 1 through December 31.
What is the Appeal Process for the License?
Upon notice by the Department of Agriculture to deny, revoke, or suspend a license, a person may request a hearing under chapter 34.05 RCW, the Administrative Procedures Act.
Where can I get permitting assistance?
Helpdesk phone: Business Licensing Service Helpdesk phone: 1-800-451-7985
Subject matter expert phone: 360-902-1924
Subject matter expert email:
Statewide Contact:
Washington State Department of Agriculture
1111 Washington Street SE
PO Box 42560
Olympia, WA 98504-2560
Telephone: (360) 902-1800
Fax: (360) 902-2092
* Permit information last updated 8/18/2016
© 2017 Governor's Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance