Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance Logo
Information Center (800) 917-0043 or

Regulatory Handbook -> Health and Safety Standards -> Temporary Worker Housing License of Approval

Temporary Worker Housing License of Approval

(TWH, Labor Camp, H-2A Housing)

What is the Purpose of this Permit?
The regular temporary worker housing license is for housing migrant farmworkers while they work in crops other than the cherry harvest or in addition to the cherry harvest.
Who Issues this Permit?
Department of Health
What Activities Require this Permit?
A new facility that meets the definition for TWH 246-358, change of ownership, a complaint on unlicensed facility, annual renewal.
How Much Will this Permit Cost?
Licensing Fee Schedule

Regular Temporary Worker Housing and Cherry Harvest Camps

Fee TypeAdministrative PortionFacility Portion
Licensing$50$4.00 per occupant at maximum annual occupancy
($90.00 minimum total licensing fee)
Licensing - Self-Survey Program$50$0
Late$100 (Late fees are in addition to licensing fees)
Where Can I Get the Application for this Permit?
The application which is called 'Temporary Worker Housing License Application' is online and can be accessed at
Do I Need to Include Anything with my Application?
Application must be completed and mailed in to DOH with fee payments
Water Sample Results (for group B Water systems)
Camp Management Plan
Certificate of Occupancy
Is the Decision on my Permit Dependent on Anything Besides the Information in my Application?
An on site survey conducted and approved by Department
Where do I Submit my Application?
Submit application to:
Department of Health Revenue Section
PO BOX 1099
Olympia, WA 98507
How Long is my Permit Valid?
Temporary Worker Housing Licenses have an annual expiration date of February 28 or February 29 depending on the year.
Where can I get permitting assistance?
Helpdesk phone: 360-236-3393
Subject matter expert phone: Erin Porter 360-236-3375
Technical Assistance is supported and given by Inspectors, Licensing Lead and Program Supervisor.
Statewide Contact:
Department of Health
Office of Environmental Health and Safety
Environmental Public Health Division
PO Box 47824
Olympia, WA 98504
Telephone: (360) 236-3393
* Permit information last updated 8/28/2019
© 2021 Governor's Office for Regulatory Innovation and Assistance